Lollipod update for Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P7510) in year 2016

Installing custom ROM is only easy for new devices and if you know the tricks.  This is my Samsung Tablet bought few years back.  While there are different materials on the web to root and install custom, most of them are outdated and files may not be reliable.

This is the link I have used and it worked perfectly for me on 10-Jan-2016.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-10-1/development/rom-android-5-0-0-lollipop-lrx21m-p4wifi-t2938870

Some notes that maybe useful as well,

1. Samsung USB driver and odin - I was using the one for S3 (obtained from the XDA website and they worked fine).

2. Starting the Tablet in download/recovery mode - press the Volume Down and Power button at the same time until you see the Samsung logo.  Use the Volume Up and Down buttons to select between the download and recovery mode after the icons displayed.  This is different from what I see in other webs (e.g. http://www.recovery-mode.com/android/samsung-galaxy-tab-10-1-p7510.html) and I don't understand why.

3. Flashing the files - I used TWRP to flash the files. As the tab doesn't support SD card, I have to transfer the files via the PC after I started the recovery mode. I think it's also fine if you transfer the files to the tab in the beginning (provided that you don't want to format the data partition which I did inside TWRP).

4. When I struggling to start the recovery mode, I was using the hard way to get recovery mode to work.  Think it worth to let you know,
  1. Root the device using the Windows version of kingo root (https://www.kingoapp.com/android-root.htm)
  2. Install Rom Manager into the device and load ClockWorkMod recovery. Use the Room Manager to reboot to recovery.


Comments