Switch Office 365 Subscription from ProPlus to Home

I am leaving one of those company who extends their ProPlus subscription for their employee to use at home. Now that I left the company and would need to buy my own license. To start with, I started the one month trail from Microsoft.

Office 365 1-month free trial

Switching from the ProPlus subscription is not trivial as I originally thought. There is no GUI to do this.  Searched the web and found out I have to deregister the key using command line utilities.  Once this is done, re-activate with the new license is easy on the other hand.


Now, I am happy and shall start looking for a cheaper Office 365 subscription I could find.

Update 2-Jul-2018: purchased a 1-yr home subscription from a local software shop for HK$499.  This is even cheaper than the personal subscription on the Microsoft website!  Together with the 1-month trial, I could use it until end of Jul-2019. 

Comments