Drag and drop not working in Outlook 2016

This happened after I upgraded to Windows 10 and Office 2016 Pro. I use drag and drop a lot to file my emails to different folders for filing. Failing to do this would be a hit to my productivity.  And given the large number of folders I use, the content menu to move email just wouldn't work. Also, I don't know if the problem is due to Windows or Office.

From the internet, I found below link which uses ESC to solve the problem but it didn't work for me. Well, I should say it seem to work but this happened in random so I have no clue if this is a solution. 


When I keep trying, below solution I have and hope this works for you too,

1. Disable in-cell editing - but this is not an option for me as used a few custom text fields to tag my emails.

2. Set Outlook to Touch Mode - this is a small button in the Windows title bar to switch between Touch and Mouse modes.  After I switched to touch mode, drag and drop works reliably.  Except the wider space between different items in the windows, no further problem with drag and drop.


Updates Aug-14: changing to the touch more doesn't always work. The ESC seem to work better even at times I have to press ESC multiple times before I could drag.

Comments